Lunch Review- Portillo's Chopped Salad

12:08 PM

You know that feeling when you are sick... you don't really have a taste for anything, but you know you should eat. That has been my case for the past few weeks, thanks to this sinus infection. Everything I think about eating just seems too much! 


So for lunch I chose the Chopped Salad from Portillo's (portillos.com). I have had it before and knew it would be a good choice. 



It usually comes with Gorgonzola Cheese, which tastes very similar to Blue Cheese (in my opinion), so I usually opt to swap it out with Mozzarella. This salad is DELICIOUS and very big. I usually have to save half for a second meal later in the day. The dressing for the salad is a house Italian dressing, but I never put it on my salad. I have actually become very accustomed to little or no dressing. I mean salad dressing is tasty, but the majority of salad eaters use the salad dressing to cover up the bitterness of the lettuce,  but then the calories start to rack up. I'd rather save my calories for a cheeseburger. haha




The salad comes with a Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin. I didn't recognize much lemon flavoring, but it was nice and moist and a good addition to the salad. 




This salad from Portillo's has become my signature order when I go to Portillo's because it is probably one of the only healthy options they offer. They have a few other salad options on their menu that maybe one day I'll venture out to try! But for now, this is my salad of choice!

Have you tried any of their salads? Let me know which ones you love! 

-xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images